DONGLE AND BOX
What is the difference between Dongle and Box?
You get access to the same software either with the box or with the dongle. SigmaBox comes with the set of cables. SigmaKey comes without cables.
How do I connect SigmaKey / SigmaBox to PC?
SigmaKey / SigmaBox needs to be connected to PC via USB port. It is recommended to connect the SigmaKey / SigmaBox directly to the motherboard's USB port avoiding USB HUB connection.
Do I need to activate my SigmaKey / SigmaBox?
After first firmware update your SigmaKey / SigmaBox will be automatically activated. You can update your SigmaKey / SigmaBox with Sigma Updater tool.
How do I update my SigmaKey / SigmaBox or SigmaBox?
Please check SigmaKey manual for a detailed step-by-step instruction.
What should I do if my SigmaKey / SigmaBox won't update itself?
If an error occurs during update procedure please generate a log file of update error and mail it to our support team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to find out the version of my SigmaKey / SigmaBox?
Connect your SigmaKey / SigmaBox to PC and run Sigma Updater tool. It will display the version of your SigmaKey / SigmaBox, its serial number etc.
Do I have to configure my USB ports in order to use SigmaKey / SigmaBox?
No. You should install and use recommended drivers only.
Is SigmaKey / SigmaBox covered with hardware warranty?
SigmaKey / SigmaBox hardware warranty is 180 days, starting from the date of first update.
Can Sigma be activated to Smart-Clip/S-Card/DreamBox/Octopus etc.?
Sigma is a totally different product that can't be activated to any other hardware.
Sigma software won't detect my dongle, what should I do?
In order to install SigmaKey / SigmaBox proper, you should use official drivers only. Correct drivers can be downloaded from the support section of official Sigma website or found in software folder, after installation (x:\Program Files\GsmServer\SigmaKey\drivers\AU9540DrvPkg V18.104.22.168_WHQL\ ).
What do I need to work with Sigma Software?
This software works with SigmaBox or SigmaKey Dongle that you need to buy.
Where can I download the latest version of Sigma Software?
You can download the latest version of Sigma Software from official web site at download section only.
Where can I find instructions and cable pinouts in order to work with Sigma Software?
All detailed manuals are located at the official web site in Help section.
What version of Software should I use?
It is always recommended to use the latest Sigma Software version.
PHONE UNLOCKING AND SERVICE
What do I have to do before unlocking?
Before servicing the phone, please make sure that:
- Battery charged more than 50%
- All the side programs, that may interfere with the phone, are closed
- The phone cable will not be disconnected till the process is done
How do I connect the phone to PC?
Most of the supported phones have to be connected using regular USB cable. Some of the MTK-based models have to be connected to PC COM port via original COM data cable or using any COM port emulator. You can create your own cable using pinouts. Also you can buy cables at gsmserver online store:
MTK phones with specific firmware that needs patching
If Unlock Phone procedure completed and the phone is still not unlocked, perform the following steps:
- Read the whole backup from the phone
- Specify the carrier your device is locked to
- Specify what is written on the screen when you use non-original SIM card
- Send this information by e-mail or post it on forum
What should I do if I experience any troubles during operations with the phone?
Send the following information to email@example.com:
- Detailed description of operation you've performed.
- Full log file along with Sigma Software version of the procedure(s) you've performed.
- Backup copy read from the phone.
What should I do if I want to send feedback of successfully unlocked phone?
You may send the log to the official forum
What should I do if I have an untested or new phone model(s)?
Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Backup copy that was created before any operation.
- Step by step description of performed operation(s).
- Full log file along with the Sigma Software version.
- Backup copy that was created after operation was performed.
I can't unlock MTK device, what should I do?
If you've followed Direct Unlock procedure and your device is still locked, you need to patch the firmware.
In order to develop firmware patch, we need to get the following information from you:
- Full name of the model of the device you have
- The carrier and the country your device is locked to
- What is written on the screen when you use non-original SIM card
- Full backup of the device
Send this info to email@example.com
How can I find an answer to my question on my own?
Sigma is a professional phone servicing tool with all the required info on how to work with supported devices.
How to get that info:
- You can check whether the model is supported or not here.
- You will find links to the manuals at the very same page, as well as video manual on how to find the phone and appropriate instructions.
- Also you can subscribe to Sigma YouTube channel to get the most recent video instructions for certain phones.
- If you can't find answer to your question, use search feature on the forum. It is very likely that someone has already encountered such issue and was provided with a solution.
- Still can't find the answer? Use Google like it is shown here.
- If Google does not help either, start a topic at the forum, provide detailed description of the problem, give as much information as possible (phone version, carrier, logs, etc.)
Will I get access to flash files archive at Boot Loader v2.0 if I purchase SigmaKey / SigmaBox?
Each user is granted with free access to Boot-loader v2.0 for one year after the first update of SigmaKey / SigmaBox.
How to start and use flash file area of Sigma?
Here you can find all screencasts that explain how to Register, Download files, Top Up Account.
THE MOST COMMON USER MISTAKES:
What should I do if the software says: "Please update your S-Card to the latest software version"?
- Shutdown Sigma software.
- Download Sigma updater*
- Run Sigma updater and follow the commands to update your box / dongle firmware using this program.
*Sigma updater is the software developed for box/dongle firmware update.
What should I do if I get winusb.dll error running the software?
This issue is with your OS. You have to get winusb.dll and install this file manually.